After months of anticipation, Pharmaton (Multivitamins, Minerals, Deanol and Ginseng G115) has recently named the top 10 finalists for its Life Changers Challenge: Success in Numbers—an online, video-driven nationwide competition launched last April in search of passionate Filipinos who cause positive change to the world around them. Armed with passion and sustained energy to impact the lives of others, one of the 10 groups is set to be crowned as the ultimate life changer and will get to see their life changing concepts come to life.
“Filipino life changers have truly proven how creative and how passionate they are in sustaining their energy and acting on their desire to make a significant change to the lives of the people around them,” says Pharmaton Senior Brand Manager Bernice Jalgalado. “We are very grateful to all those who took part in the Life Changers Challenge, and we are really honored to provide the necessary charge for life changers to fulfill their visions and go beyond themselves.”
Among the groups who were named into the top 10 are:
1) Oras na Para sa Alpabasa, a group of educators who developed a game-based program to teach school children to read in Filipino;
2) another group who aims to better teach K-12 Science to students using indigenous materials;
3) Kiddo+Preneur, a group advocating to get kids interested in business and entrepreneurship;
4) Island Kid, a program aimed at helping make a brighter future for Filipino children through soccer;
5) Red Light District, a group of Singapore-based individuals aiming to help equip Philippine communities to better respond in times of calamities and disasters;
6) The Mush-Keteers, social entrepreneurs who are seeking to build the foundations of a progressive mushroom industry in the Philippines;
7) The Indigenous Cultural Tourism Program in Mindanao, heritage warriors seeking to promote cultural tourism as a tool to alleviate poverty in certain areas in Mindanao;
8) The Passion Wearthy Project, a social enterprise providing livelihood to people with disabilities through handcraft items made from recyclable materials;
9) Silent Beads, a social entrepreneurship brand that creates beads and fashion jewelry from repurposed materials, which can later on be used to grow plants;
10) Prepper Plus, which endeavors to promote disaster-readiness in the consciousness of every Filipino family through disaster preparedness education.
Providing the energy to power Filipino Life Changers
Pharmaton’s Life Changers Challenge: Success in Numbers was conceptualized with the aim of finding passionate Filipinos wanting to create positive change and help them sustain their energy for others and not just for themselves.
It was launched last April and was bannered by real-life life changers, Reese Fernandez Ruiz of Rags2Riches, Inc., Futkal founder Peter “Futkalero Pedro” Amores, and culinary educator Chef Rob Pengson—remarkable individuals who enjoy something they worked hard for, while creating a very huge impact to communities of people around them. With its unique formulation, Pharmaton (Multivitamins, Minerals, Ginseng G115, and Deanol) provides sustained energy and mental alertness to help life changers fulfill their visions and bring to life their aspirations of making a better, more progressive future for their fellow Filipinos.
“Aside from serving as role models to other life changers to really make things happen, our Pharmaton Life Changers have also proven that, even if they are very busy fulfilling their careers, they are still able to spare time to sustain their passions and inspire communities and other life changers,” adds Jalgalado.
The winning concept from among all the ideas presented by the top 10 finalists will receive a P1-million peso grant from Pharmaton to fund their initiatives. The implementation of their project will also be monitored by Pharmaton and documented as a “Life Changer’s Journey.”
AND THE WINNER IS…
It was an awesome evening last July 21 at the Century City Mall, Makati when they announced the winner of The Life Changers Challenge. Every finalist presents their advocacy through their videos and a short presentation that makes everyone leave astounded. The presentation of each finalist showcases the greatness and compassion of our Filipino people, to reach out and help those who in need. But only one advocacy outshines them all.
Oras na Para sa Alpabasa reigns as Pharmaton’s “Life Changers Challenge: Success in Numbers” grand winner with the highest points from the distinctive judges. Their initiatives of teaching school children to read in Filipino using different game-based programs and goals of reaching more children and raise more passionate teachers, leads them to a 1-million peso grant to fund their future goals for their movement.
The founders of Alpabasa advocacy are set to do more projects and reach more children as they take their goals to a new level as “Pharmaton’s Life Changer
“The Life Changers Challenge has really proven that Filipinos, indeed, remain passionate about dedicating their time, talents, and their respective crafts to promote the welfare of communities around them,” Jalgalado notes. “By energizing the Filipinos’ inner resolve to succeed and leave a lasting imprint to the lives of the world surrounding them, Pharmaton hopes to empower life changers to stand out and make a difference—whether it be by altering perspectives, raising the standards of one’s industry, or making a part of the world more livable than it used to be.”
To join and view the Life Changers Challenge: Success in Numbers, visit www.life-changers.ph